Why today? It's not friday today? What.. am I forgetting? Guess?
– Tell me? Dhruv, how can you forget about it being in the same company? Oh shit!! How was it? Outstanding rating!!! Amazing!!! Nice… This calls for a big party!!
– Ofcourse, This treat is from my side..but wait, there is more to it..
– What? I am now an Assistant Manager Amazing! Well done. This calls for a bigger party! Why does he always call after work hours? Don't pick his call! Hi Sir. No no, 8:30 pm is not late Yes Sir. Sir, I really liked the way you handled the call today. You taught the client a good lesson. Ya ya.. No no..no problem at all sir. Okay..Tell? What?
– When will you get the result of your performance review?
– Maybe in a day or two Awesome..then we will party hard for sure. I don't care. In any case, I'll leave soon for doing my MBA. C'mon Dhruv, don't be a bore! See, you should work hard and not expect the result. Want to have Chutki?
– Not right now. Otherwise, everything is set, right? Set, as in? How many times have I told you, to grow in corporate you will have to market yourself. I mean, you have to sell yourself.
– As in, Okay listen.. I'll explain it to you, Assume that you're mineral water.
– What? Dhruv, you're mineral water only, because water is the same everywhere. What do you mean? As in..
– Okay see.. Water is the same everywhere, but people drink Bisleri.. Are you understanding? So, it's all branding and nothing else. See, taking credit for your simple work, doing late sitting and licking your manager's a**, will help you build your brand. Does that even make any sense? See, I am being honest with you, because I love you! Anyway, why are we discussing these thing? I'm sure you will kill it this time! Now give me some Chutki. The atmosphere is too overwhelming, I am finding it really hard here. I see. It is a bit overwhelming in the beginning. You know, you feel a bit out of sorts. But anyway, if you face any problem just let me know, I'll try my best to help you out. Thanks! Just a second.. Hi Garima, how are you? I was just sitting with Khushi. Khushi, the new intern. What? Right now? I'll just come. I have to attend an important meeting, I'll see you in the evening. May I?
– Ya, hi Dhruv! Hi Garima! So,
– So, How are you?
– Good! So, I'll begin by saying that you have wrked really hard this year.. Good stuff!! Thank you, Garima. Want to have some water? No, I'm fine. Dhruv, before I announce your rating I would like to tell you my story. Dhruv, I am just like you, I see a lot of myself in you. You have so much fire.. And this is my eight appraisal cycle in the company, and five out of eight times, I have received an average rating, But see, I have grown so well, I became a manager last year. That means, I have got an average rating. Dhruv, we were not able to make the bell curve and we haven't given outstanding rating to anyone. Okay.. cool. Can I give you a tip?
– Sure. You should increase your visibility in the company. And, don't discuss your future plans with everyone, Keep them to yourself. Okay. And like always, I'll mail you a link, just fill the form and let's close the appraisal cycle this year. Sure! Dhruv, Let's meet next week to discuss your plans for the next year's cycle. You really have it in you to get an outstanding rating. Thank you! This Garima has definitely, taken us for a ride. Bro, let's do something. What? In every appraisal cycle, it's the same scenario, this is what happens with us. It happens with us everytime. I don't understand that why are you silent? What should I do?
– Bro, you have so much fire. I mean that you have been working really hard for the past 12 months. Take a stand, bro! It happens everytime. I don't care. In any case, I have to leave for my MBA. Bro, what do you mean that you don't care? Listen to me, atleast think about your rating. Go to Khatri, and challenge your rating. How is that going to help? Self respect, bro! Self respect! Why don't you also challenge your rating? Bro, first you challenge your rating. I'll be behind you, right behind you! Okay! I don't care but I'll still give it a try. Hi Sir, Good time for a chat? Dhruv, my boy!! Come sit, bro! I always have time for you, bro!
Come sit. Bro, will you have coffee?
– No Sir..
– Wait bro, Please get us two coffees.
– Now tell me. Sir..
– By the way, I just saw your blockchain proposal, you nailed it, Bro!! Thank you, Sir! Now tell me? Sir, I got to know my rating today, and I got an average rating Seriously saying, this year was very productive for me and I thought I deserved an outstanding rating. I had a meeting with Garima, but it wasn't that convincing. In short, I am not happy with my rating. Done?
– Yup Why are you doing this, bro?
– Sir, this time–
– Why are you doing this? What??
– You are my man!! My man!!!! And my men, never worry in this company! True!
– I am the Godfather over here! You know it! That you are, Sir! Coffee is here. Awesome! 1 spoon sugar! So now you tell me, in this situation does your rating even matter? No, I don't think so! Exactly! You are my man!!
My man!! Your growth is in my hands. You don't worry, Bro! So will yo keep serving me coffee or will you ever serve me some booz? Whenever you say..I'm always in. So which brand are you going to serve me? Sir, your usual, Chivas! Awesome bro! Awesome!